Texas Rural Funders is the leading membership organization for philanthropy dedicated to rural Texas and a trusted partner and connector for rural communities.
Texas Rural Funders is a diverse coalition of more than 40 foundations and organizations working with rural communities to develop and implement solutions to their unique needs.
Some members are small and place-based; some are large and national in scale. We are united in our interest in increasing attention, resources, and collaborative action that strengthens rural Texas.
By working together through Texas Rural Funders, we combine our experience, resources and influence to create a bigger, more systemic impact than any single organization could make alone.
What do you value most about TRF membership?
The ability to discuss rural issues with like-minded funders in a collaborative fashion—as opposed to everyone doing their own thing. Also, the ability to raise awareness around specific issues, such as broadband. I appreciate working closely with foundations who focus on different issue areas—brings a new set of partners to our work and we get a more holistic view of rural Texas.
- Amarillo Area Foundation
- Anonymous Foundation
- Bernard & Audre Rapoport Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Buena Vista Foundation
- Carl B. & Florence E. King Foundation
- Carl C. Anderson Sr. & Marie Jo Anderson Charitable Foundation
- Community Foundation of Abilene
- Educate Texas/Communities Foundation of Texas
- El Paso Community Foundation
- Energy Foundation
- Episcopal Health Foundation
- ETMC Foundation
- Fayette Community Foundation
- Greater Texas Foundation
- H.E. Butt Foundation
- Hogg Foundation for Mental Health
- Houston Endowment
- Lyda Hill Philanthropies
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc.
- Permian Basin Area Foundation
- Prentice Farrar & Alline Ford Brown Foundation
- rootEd Alliance
- San Angelo Area Foundation
- Shield-Ayres Foundation
- St. David’s Foundation
- Still Water Foundation
- T.L.L. Temple Foundation
- Texas Pioneer Foundation
- Texoma Health Foundation
- The CH Foundation
- The Cynthia & George Mitchell Foundation
- The Mary E. Bivins Foundation
- The Meadows Foundation
- The Miles Foundation
- The Moody Foundation
- The Priddy Foundation
- The Stanzel Family Foundation
- Thoma Foundation
- Tocker Foundation
- Trellis Foundation
- United Ways of Texas
- Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation
- WoodNext Foundation